- Asian Development Bank - Tonle Sap Technology for Enhanced Productivity –
- UNDP Asia‐Pacific Regional Center Bangkok:
Adviser for the Regional Initiative for Communication for Empowerment of
Asia's Indigenous Peoples, 2009.
- UNDP Regional Centre Bangkok: E‐Inclusion Advisor
and Coordinator for Asia's Indigenous Peoples Initiative, 2008.
- APEC: Proposal for the Asia Pacific Economic
Cooperation - Digital Opportunity Centre E‐commerce for Community‐Based
Tourism in Papua New Guinea.
- SNV: E‐commerce for Community‐Based Tourism
(e‐CBT) in Sapa, Viet Nam. Pre‐feasibility study with SNV (Netherlands
Development Organisation) 2005.
- UNDP Vietnam: Project Support to the Public
Administration Reform Programme in the Ministry of Agriculture and Rural
Development Viet Nam; Monitoring Research on Rural Pilot Telecentres, 2004.
- World Bank: Study on Increasing ICT Access in
Rural and Peri‐urban Areas of Nepal for the Ministry of Information &
Communications. World Bank, 2004.
- UNDP Indonesia: UNDP & the National
Development Planning Agency (BAPPENAS). Partnership Towards Information and
Communication Technologies for Human Development and Poverty Reduction in
- UN HABITAT: United Nations Human Settlements
Programme. Assessing the Feasibility of ICT as a Development Instrument for
Rural‐Urban Linkages in Nepal, 2003.
- UNCTAD‐UNDP: Global Programme for Globalization,
Liberalization and Sustainable Human Development. eLangViet.net; e
Vietnamese Village. Sustainable Human development through the
Grassroots Using Information and Communication Technologies in Rural and
Mountainous Areas of Viet Nam, 2003.
- UNDP Viet Nam: Pilot Project on ICTs For Rural
Development and Poverty Alleviation In Viet Nam. Feasibility Mission, 2003.
- Rural ICTs for Community‐Based Tourism, with An
Giang University, Viet Nam, 2003.
- UNDP: Feasibility study into the use of ICTs by Village Development Committees in Syangja District of Nepal. UNDP South Asia Poverty Alleviation Programme, 2002.
- External Evaluation of the Project for Indigenous Voices in Asia for the Asia Indigenous Peoples Pact, 2014-5
- UNDP Bangladesh; Team Leader – Mid Term Evaluation of the Access to Information – II Programme , 2015
- UNDP Vietnam: Quality Assurance Consultant: Final External Assessment of "Pilot Development of Rural Telecentres at Commune Level" 2009
- USAID: Impact Assessment for the Last Mile Initiative Activity in Vietnam. Supporting Digital Opportunities Objectives within USAID Mission Programs 2008.
- IDRC: Project Evaluation: Connecting people and organisations for rural development through multipurpose community telecentres in selected Philippine Barangays; a learning evaluation, 2002.
- UNDP Workshop on e‐Inclusion and Media for Indigenous
Peoples, Bario, Sarawak, Malaysia, 6–8 December 2007
- Global Knowledge Partnership - East Asia Regional Meeting.
Manila, Philippines, 15–16 January 2007.
- Asian Development Bank. Rural e‐Development in Asia and the
- "Bridging the Digital Divide - Access, Adoption,
Value." United Nations Development Programme, Malaysia, and the Economic
Planning Unit of the Prime Minister's Office, Government of Malaysia. Policy
dialogue in Kuala Lumpur, 5th December 2006.
- e‐Sri Lanka: Pre‐Feasibility Study by Asian Encounters on
the application of e‐Community Based Tourism for the ICT Agency of Sri Lanka,
- Policies, Programmes and Projects for e‐inclusion. Meeting of Eminent Experts in Preparation for
the Third Ministerial Conference on Space Technology Applications for
Sustainable Development in Asia and the Pacific, 2007, 3–4 August 2006,
Bangkok. UNESCAP: Information, Communication and Space Technology Division,
- UNDP Malaysia: A National Strategic Framework for Bridging
the Digital Divide. United Nations
Development Programme, Malaysia, and the Economic Planning Unit of the Prime
Minister's Office, Government of Malaysia. May 2005 to April 2006.
- UNESCAP: United Nations Economic and Social Commission for
Asia and the Pacific Expert Group Meeting on Government Policies and Strategies
on Information and Communication Technology for Rural Poverty Reduction in Asia
and the Pacific Region, 2003.
- World Bank: Telecentre Program Development and Assessment.
e‐Sri Lanka Development Project, 2003.
- UNDP Viet Nam: Viet Nam National Consultations on ICT for
Development First Roundtable: Paving the Road for Viet Nam's Digital Strategy:
ICT for rural Poverty Alleviation, 2003.
- UNDP Viet Nam: Conceptualizing ICTs for rural development
with UNDP and the Vietnamese Government. ICT Assessment Methodology for Viet
- UNESCAP: Government Policies and Strategies on ICT for Rural
Poverty Reduction in Asia and the Pacific Region: Review and Analysis. For the
UN Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific, 2002.
- Asia‐Pacific Development Information Programme (APDIP)
Workshop for UNDP ICT Programme Officers/Focal Points in Asia‐Pacific. ICT and
Poverty Alleviation: A Proposed Framework, 2002.
- UNESCO: The Regional Consultation Meeting on the
Preservation of Digital Heritage for Asia and the Pacific, National Library of
Australia, Canberra. Digital Heritage of
Rural Communities in the Developing World, 2002.
- UNDP Nepal: ICTs for Development Programme Design, 2002.
- ITU Asia Pacific Centres of Excellence - Facilitator and Key Speaker for Executive Training Workshop on Innovative Applications for Rural Broadband Community, 16-18 April 2013, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
- Asia Pacific Economic Cooperation - Digital Opportunity Centres (APEC-ADOC) Workshop presentation and moderator ,July 10-12 2012, Taipei, Taiwan ICT Development & Innovation Growth: Opportunities and Issues.
- ITU Asia Pacific Centres of Excellence - Facilitator for Training Workshop on Sustainability and Telecentres, 23-25 May 2011, Bangkok, Thailand.
- Information and Communication Technologies for Poverty Reduction and Rural Development: Dhaka University,Bangladesh, 2011.
- Contemporary Issues on ICT4D: Bangladesh Institute of ICT in Development, 2011.
- ICTs for Poverty Reduction and Rural Development: i) Principles,
Practice and Policies; ii) . Case Studies,
Contemporary Issues and Current Research: Chinese Agricultural University, 2010.
- ICTs for Poverty Reduction and Rural Development: Current Issues and Research Opportunities: Centre of Excellence in Rural Informatics, University Malaysia Sarawak, 2010.
- ITU Asia‐Pacific Centre of Excellence For Rural ICT
Development at Universiti Utara Malaysia. Training workshop On Improving Rural
Development Through Telecentres: Key Success Factors. 26 April to 28 April
- Asian Institute of Technology, Bangkok. The Centre for
Learning Innovation and Quality (CLIQ), Information and Communication
Technologies for Poverty Reduction and Rural Development in Asia, 11 September,
- APWINC: ICT e‐Business Expert Economic Empowerment of Small
Farmers (rural women) in Asia through Green Cooperative Entrepreneurship Asia
Pacific Women's Information Network Center (APWINC), 2008
- e‐Inclusion and Media for Asia's Indigenous Peoples at the 3rd
Global Knowledge Conference, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, 11–13 December 2007
- The First e‐Bario Knowledge Fair and UNDP Workshop on
e‐Inclusion and Media for Indigenous Peoples, Bario, Sarawak, Malaysia, 6–8
- Rural ICT Development - Reaching The Unreached In The
Globalization Era. Keynote presentation at the Rural ICT Development Conference
2007 (RICTD '07) Executive Development Center (EDC), UUM, Sintok, Kedah,
Malaysia, 21 November.
- Telecentre Evaluation in the Malaysian Context, presented at
the 5th International Conference on IT in Asia, 10–12 July 2007, Hilton Hotel,
Kuching, Sarawak, Malaysia.
- UNESCAP: Community e‐Centres: from Pilots to National
Programmes; Implications for e‐Learning and Knowledge Sharing. UNESCAP Regional
Workshop on Knowledge Sharing through Community‐based E‐Learning Facilities in
Rural Areas, Xining, China, June 11–13, 2007.
- Stories from e‐Bario.
Living the Information Society. Renaissance Hotel, Makati City,
Philippines. April 23–24, 2007.
- e‐Community‐Based Tourism. 1st UNCTAD Asia Pacific E‐Tourism
Conference, 13–14 March 2007, Kota Kinabalu, Sabah, Malaysia.
- APCICT: ICT Capacity Building for Remote Communities. Asian
and Pacific Regional Forum on ICT Capacity Building The Asian and Pacific
Training Centre for Information and Communication Technology for Development
(APCICT), Incheon, Republic of Korea 5–6 March 2007.
- Telecentres for National e‐Inclusion in Malaysia. Asian
Telecentre Forum 2007. e‐Asia Conference, Putrajaya International Convention
Centre, Malaysia, 6–8 February, 2007.
- 3rd Knowledge Exchange Conference for Community e‐Centres.
27–29 September 2006 at the Cebu White Sands of Maribago Beach Resort, in
Mactan, Cebu, Philippines. Presentation
on Malaysia's National Strategic Framework for Bridging the Digital Divide.
- National Seminar on Emerging Opportunities in Andaman &
Nicobar Islands - Post Tsunami Context, 2006.
- UNESCAP: International Workshop on Entrepreneurship and
E‐business Development for Women (for Rural Poverty Alleviation), UNESCAP,
Seoul, 3–8 July 2006. E‐business
Applications at Community E‐Centers in Rural Areas, 2006.
- Global Knowledge Partnership: Panel presentation on Social
Enterprise at the International Forum, "Creating Prosperity through
Innovation: ICT at Work in Development, Colombo, Sri Lanka, 8–9 May 2006.
- UNESCAP: Resource person; Regional Meeting on
"Effective Design and Delivery of Rural Community ICT Services", at
the Malaysian National Institute of
Public Administration (INTAN), Kuala Lumpur from 28 to 30 November 2005.
- UNESCAP: E‐Commerce for Community Based Tourism: e‐CBT.
Presentation to The Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific
(ESCAP). Subregional Workshop on
E‐business Development Services for Enterprise Support Agencies, Hanoi, 17–19
- Rural ICTs: Scaling up the Successes. Presentation to a Seminar on Leveraging
Private Investment for Rural ICT Development, 5–7 July 2005, Chiang Rai,
Thailand, jointly organised by the Asia‐Pacific Telecommunity and the World
- APEC: Telecenter Training Camp, January 24 to 29, 2005,
Taipei. APEC Telecenter Development Program under the APEC Digital Opportunity
Center. Building Telecenter Services &
Innovations for Telecenter Sustainability.
- Presentation and panel discussion, The Internet via
Satellite for Poverty Reduction, Satcom Asia 2004. Sheraton Hong Kong Hotel,
- Presentation on Rural Telecentres; International Experts
Forum on Universal Access to Telecommunications, Lima, Peru. Followed by a site
visit to two rural telecentres in Combayo and Llacanura, 2003.
- UNDP China: International Workshop on the Models of Poverty
Alleviation through Information and Communication Technologies - Challenge and
Prospective of Bridging Digital Divide in China Rural Areas, 2002.
- UNFAO: Asian Regional Consultation on Rural Women in the Knowledge Society: ICTs for Rural Development: An Asian
Perspective. UN Food and Agricultural
- ITU: Chairman/Moderator: Benefits To Citizens And Society:
Internet For Development. International Telecommunications Union - Telecom Asia
2002, Hong Kong, 2002.
- UN: Asian Regional UN ICT Task Force Network Conference New
Delhi. Understanding the Relationship
Between ICTs and Development.
Observations from the Field, 2002.
- The E‐rural Symposium on ICTs for Rural Development.
- ICTs for Governance and Poverty Alleviation: Scaling up the
Successes. A Study of ICT Projects in India.
Presented at the Indian
Telecentre Forum, Delhi 23–25 August, 2006.
- PANOS: E‐Bario - A Telecentre in the Remote Interior of
Borneo. Commissioned Study for the PANOS
Institute London, 2002.
- e‐SilkRoad. Exploring E‐commerce in the Isolated Communities
of Western China and Central Asia that were Formerly Part of the Silk Road,